Thursday, February 25, 2016

Throwback Thursday: Why I'm not allowed to buy anymore [Batman] purse hooks...

I broke 3 of them in a matter of a month. That's the short story.

Honestly, I can't even remember how I broke all of these purse hooks. I think a friend accidentally leaned on one, maybe I tried to force one onto a table that was too thick, and I'm pretty sure another one simply broke because I put too much weight on it. After that, I decided it wasn't meant to be and gave up on purse hooks even though I love the idea. THIS IS WHY I CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

This post is in memory of all my old Batman purse hooks (all purchased on Etsy).

Purse hook casualty #1
I love the "Keep calm and call Batman" parody that's featured on my first purse hook above. This one's different from my next 2 purse hooks because it has a glass dome over the design as opposed to just being a flat sticker.

Purse hook casualties #2 and #3

These 2 purse hooks were purchased at the same time because I couldn't decide which Batman design I wanted. I also bought these from the same Etsy seller so not sure why the purse hook finishes and curvatures look different. Anyway, I'm pretty sure I lost BOTH of these purse hooks in the same week. If that's not a clear sign that I shouldn't have these things, then I don't know what is.

I no longer see these on sale on Etsy, but there are plenty of creators on the site that specialize in purse hooks that may be willing to imitate the designs I've posted here.

As for me, I'm going sans purse hook for now. Not planning to buy anymore of these any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment