Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!

Mickey and I aren't big Valentine's Day celebrators although I like to admit that it makes a really good reason to eat at a fancy restaurant. Our plans were covered this year, though. We attended a wedding this Valentine's Day weekend so we ate plenty well. Congratulations, David and Val!

Even though we might not celebrate Valentine's Day as a couple, I do appreciate the "palentine's" concept. I loved exchanging Valentine's Day cards in elementary school. Everybody would have a little box on their desk and there would be some time in class that day where everybody would get up and drop off all their Valentine's Day cards on their classmates' desks.

I'm definitely not in elementary school anymore (although Mickey often questions how old I really am due to my immaturity youthful outlook on life), but if I ever see Batman Valentine's Day cards on sale at Target or any other store, you bet I'm gonna buy them.

When the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy was released, there was an obvious uptick in available Batman products everywhere I went. I knew this would die out eventually so I grabbed 2 of the below Batman Valentine's Day card sets about 3-4 years ago when they were being sold at Target. Mickey actually saw it in stores and bought me one too, so I ended up with 3 of these! :) I love this set because it comes with a box readily available with a slot at the top for you to collect your Valentine's Day cards! It makes me wish I was in elementary school again so I could actually use this. Nobody drops off Valentine's Day cards at work. Boo.



This is actually my last box because I handed or mailed out quite a few cards with chocolates to close friends and co-workers over the last few years. I've done the same with other iterations of Batman Valentine's Day cards in past years. I ended up using up all of those so I guess I'm kind of just hanging on to these in case there aren't any Batman Valentine's Day cards available in stores for a while. I'm hoping Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice brings back the Batman products, though!





Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment