Saturday, February 6, 2016

Batman Bling

I own a small collection of Batman or, in some cases, just bat-shaped jewelry. I'm surprised I don't have more of this stuff, but I guess it makes sense if you think about how I'm awful at accessorizing. I wish I were better about it. I like the idea of wearing tons of rings, but I haven't been able to pull it off. Do you think I just need to buy MORE (fake) jewelry? How's this work? This is most definitely why I don't blog about fashion and my "#OOTD".

Now that you know I'm fashionably incapable, let me see if I can remember where I purchased all of these. The majority are probably from Hot Topic. Hot Topic is one of the best places to find some random yet awesome Batman goods by the way.

Sorry in advance for any bad pictures (i.e. all of them). Still figuring out how to take decent pictures for the blog.


The below two-finger Batman logo ring is one of my favorites. It was a birthday gift from a close girlfriend. I'm not sure where she purchased it, but found a link to something similar on Etsy (see below this post). For a size reference, here's an image of the ring on my hand: https://www.instagram.com/p/cDRFQ8heHW/. That image is from my personal Instagram, but you should all follow my Batman and Whiskey Instagram where I'll probably end up sharing similar photos.


Look at all that amazing empty space in this next picture. I'm such a pro. This is one of my oldest Batman rings so I can't remember exactly where I purchased it but my default guess would be Hot Topic. This is one of the easier Batman jewelry pieces to wear because it's a bit more subtle and easy to match. It's a cute chunky silver ring. I've worn it so much that the inside is starting to wear out turn my finger green. I still love it though. These are all going to come from my personal Instagram account, but here's another photo for size reference: https://www.instagram.com/p/1UwnluBePG/


At least I know where these are from! These are from the Forever 21 Bats and Cats Collection that they were promoting some time ago. I bought quite a few items from that collection. I hope they bring that back because it was awesome. I think these rings are supposed to be stackable and mix-and-match-able (hehe). There is one that actually fits at the base of my finger and the other two are more like midi-rings. I have no idea how to wear these! Hahlp me. There's a black one, a gold one, and a brown-ish chrome (what do you even call that color?) one so to me, nothing matches when I wear these and on top of that some of them are midi-rings?! Too fashion forward for me. They're hella cute, though. I'll still attempt to wear them every now and then, but I've yet to do so successfully. Turns out I take pictures of my Batman jewelry often so here's another photo for size reference: https://www.instagram.com/p/pNgkhCheNN/


Now THESE are fun. These are huge hoop earrings with a Bat symbol in the center. These are a San Diego Comic Con outfit go-to. These aren't subtle enough for your corporate job, but if I ever feel like getting comments on my earrings, they're worth wearing. I would guess these are from Hot Topic. Another photo from my personal Instagram where I'm wearing the earrings for reference: https://www.instagram.com/p/buyTgeheLw/.


The next set of earrings are super fashionable. Right? Are these cuff-style earrings still popular? This is a bat symbol cuff and stud earring set. I just thought they were cool, but these are maybe a bit avant garde for me. I'll still try to wear them at Comic Con though. I want to say these are also from Hot Topic, but sorry if I'm completely wrong about where I bought all these. Hah!


Now we get into the stud earrings that are much easier to wear! The rest of the earrings you'll see in this post, I'm going to guess, are from Hot Topic too. Hard to tell from the picture, but these are kind of blingy. They're very small and subtle, though. Photo for size reference: https://www.instagram.com/p/5TtrYbheA4/


I'll get better at photos, promise. All this empty space in the photos bothers me, but had a hard time focusing when I got any closer. These earrings are a favorite because the logo is closest to the Batman: The Animated Series logo. Batman: TAS is my favorite iteration of Batman, but if you figured out that I grew up in the '90s, you're probably not surprised.


Bonus Hunger Games Mockingjay earrings also from Hot Topic!


More Batman stuff always on the way!

---

Two finger Batman logo/bat symbol ring: Similar from Etsy
Chunky silver Batman ring: Similar from Bluefly.com
Forever 21 stackable bat ring set: Similar from Etsy. It's not THAT similar, but if you buy a bunch of bat-shaped rings in several colors, I'm sure you could duplicate the effect.
Bamtan symbol hoop earrings: Similar from Amazon
Batman cuff and stud earrings set: Similar from Amazon
Batman symbol silver stud earrings: Similar from Target
Batman symbol yellow stud earrings: Similar from Amazon
The Hunger Games Mockingjay earrings: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment