Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Hot Topic Haul - February 2016

Yesss, I went shopping at Hot Topic again. I don't remember or know how I stumbled upon their site, but it happened. Maybe I clicked through one of their Facebook ads or clicked through an e-newsletter or maybe I just typed in "HOTTOPIC.COM" directly into my browser because they have me wrapped around their finger on a ridiculously subconscious level such that I can't even remember how I got to their site.

Step 1: Navigate to HotTopic.com
Step 2: Type "Batman" in the search bar, hit enter
Step 3: Spend money
Step 4: Repeat
Anyway, what matters is that they're having a 20% off sale site wide (including clearance) right now in case anybody else is interested. To be honest, I didn't think 20% off was great, but of course I ended up browsing anyway and ran into this ridiculous adorable Batman bathing suit that I couldn't say "no" to.

This swim top is what really caught my eye
Swim bottoms, back design
Swim bottoms, front design


The Batman symbols on the top are cut outs! Aren't they cute? The Batman symbols on the bottoms are cut outs too but they're pretty flush with the yellow inner lining. I hope I look as cute in these as the model did on the website. I'm pretty sure I've read on various sources that these ruffle bathing suit tops are good for small boobies so that's a plus! Harharhar. That was a subtle and unintended punny. No, seriously, I remember reading this, I happen to be a small-breasted lady, and it just gave me another reason to purchase this bathing suit. I'm excited!

I also currently own the below Batman bathing suit! This one has an overall Batman logo print with a much more straightforward, simple bikini design. I cropped out my friends figuring they'd appreciate I not post pictures of them in bathing suits outside of my private Facebook account. Sorry, you just get my pale body.


Don't worry, though, I'm not the only one who ended up with something from this Hot Topic haul! Mickey's a big fan of art and as we were scrolling through all the available Batman goodies on Hot Topic, we saw this t-shirt. It's a parody of Edvard Munch's painting, The Scream, featuring the Joker as the screamer and Batman as the shadowy figure in the background.


I thought it was pretty clever and kind of hilarious because... well, look at the Joker. Hehehe. We also saw a Batman t-shirt parodying Vincent Van Gogh' Starry Night, but they didn't have his size, which at least made choosing between the two a lot easier.

Luckily those were the only Batman products I walked away with. I thought about buying more Batman rings and socks, but that's another story.

I did add one more little non-Batman bonus item to the shopping bag, though!




It's Marvolo Gaunt's ring from Harry Potter, the horcrux that Albus Dumbledore destroyed that ended up eventually killing him. Damn, karma. The Deathly Hallows symbol in the gem is so pretty.

I looked at a lot of other Batman products, but I think my purchase of the Kate Spade Magnolia Park Large Laurel bag only days before had something to do with my self control. Kate Spade had one of their surprise sales! It's like they read my mind because I was thinking I wanted a nude or tan purse just a couple days before I got the email.


That reminds me, I'm pretty sure it was Ebates' e-newsletter's fault for telling me about this surprise sale. I love this purse though. It's gorgeous. Geeks need nice things sometimes, too. It's a lot bigger than I thought and resembles more of a tote bag than a hand bag in size in case you're wondering. It could probably fit my 13" Macbook Pro.

By the way, if you've never use Ebates to shop online before, it's a super easy way to get a little bit of your money back every time you're shopping online. It doesn't seem like a ton, but it adds up over time. Check it out through my referral link here.

That's it! :) I don't think this will be my last Hot Topic haul post, though. See you next time, Hot Topic. I'll keep coming to you if you keep bringing the awesome Batman stuff to me... or, you know, stop selling Batman stuff so I stop spending all my moneyz.

---

Batman swim top: Hot Topic
Batman swim bottoms: Hot Topic
Batman swim top and bottoms 2: Similar on Amazon
Batman and the Joker Edvard Munch The Scream parody t-shirt: Similar on SuperHeroStuff.com
Harry Potter, Marvolo Gaunt horcrux ring: Hot Topic

No comments:

Post a Comment