Sunday, March 26, 2017

Hot Topic Haul - March 2017

SXSW has been over for about a week and I am finally feeling recovered! I'm back with another haul post and, who woulda thunk it, it's from Hot Topic.

I'm not one to drunk shop, but when it's SXSW in Austin and you're casually checking your Instagram while out drinking with friends and see some one post about the Hot Topic exclusive New 52 Poison Ivy Funko Pop, shit happens.

I made this purchase about 2-3 weeks ago. Since the Poison Ivy Pop was an exclusive, I couldn't wait until I was sober and near a computer because I wasn't sure how fast she would go! Spoiler: I literally saw her at a Hot Topic brick-and-mortar AND online yesterday so I guess she wasn't going THAT fast. You just never know, though.

There I was at a bar in downtown Austin right at the beginning of SXSW when I pulled up HotTopic.com in my mobile web browser. I found Poison Ivy and immediately threw her in the cart. I believe my reasoning for continuing to shop was the potential for free shipping. I found a couple of other Batman items I liked, threw those in the cart, checked out, and that, my friends, is the story of how I ended up with all the stuff below. Also, there was no free shipping even when I ended up buying more. I made it all up in my head or something and spent more money for no reason! So that was cool. Oi.

Here's the little troublemaker in all her glory.


To be absolutely honest, I haven't read any of the New 52 or Rebirth issues. Most already know that I typically read tradebacks when enough people have read them and provided positive reviews. Otherwise, comic books really overwhelm me. With that in mind, though, I'm not a big fan of the New 52 Poison Ivy look. The black is such a stark contrast to her nature-inspired green costumes. I did some research and learned that this version of her had a skin condition that prevented her from being out in the sun so maybe the full-body, mostly-black suit was meant for protection of some sort? Please share in the comments if you know more about the reasoning behind her costume redesign!

Moving on to the superfluous Hot Topic purchases, I bought new leggings!


I have 2 other very similar leggings as you might remember from a previous post and it's not as if I thought these were better by any means, I just bought them. That's the honest truth. FYI, the leggings with the cowl from my previous post are the best ones out of the 3 for sure.

So those are 2 out of 3 items I purchased... then there are these monstrosities. ðŸ˜‚ I didn't realize they were Batman skulls!


I don't know if it's because I couldn't see them well on my little mobile screen, but when they were shipped to me, they were just not as cute as I remember them being online. When I saw them online (drunk, let me remind you), I thought "GREAT! BLACK CASUAL SHOES THAT I CAN WEAR EVERY DAY AND THEY'RE JUST SUBTLY BATMAN ENOUGH!" My then-self did not realize these were skull Batman heads in the design though. I just... I just don't feel like I am a skulls-design kind of person, Batman or not.

Anyway, long story short, I've decided to keep them because I do actually need casual black sneaker-esque shoes for every day and they're subtle enough that people won't notice the design all the way down at my feet, but I'm keeping them mostly because I'm too lazy to return them. Don't judge. You know you've done the same thing before.

At least it was just 3 items! I'll be back with more Batman things I shouldn't have purchased very soon I'm sure. Thanks for reading as always!

Oh! I also wanted to share that we're having a "bazaar" event at my work this coming Thursday where everybody at the office will have the chance to bring in their passions, hobbies, talents to display them for all our co-workers to see and/or buy. Seeing as how I have no such money-making talents, I'm bringing some of my Batman collection and just sharing this blog and my overall passion for Batman. A lot of the office already knows about this quirk of mine, but it's time they all knew and hopefully follow along! I'm excited to see what awesome talents and hobbies the rest of the office will be sharing. There's also going to be a clothing swap, which is a great way to up-cycle! Such a fun and awesome idea overall.

If anyone new is reading this from Proof Advertising,  HELLOOOOOOOOO! Excited to have you here! Follow me on social and share my weird obsession with your friends. Links to your left. 😉

---

New 52 Poison Ivy Funko Pop Hot Topic Exclusive: Hot Topic
Batman small all-over logo print faux thigh high tights: Hot Topic
Batman skulls and bat symbols slip-ons: Hot Topic

No comments:

Post a Comment