Thursday, March 2, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Japan Batman "Vans" / Happy National Old Stuff Day!

I'm taking this national holiday quite literally by using it as the perfect opportunity to share some of my old stuff, in this case, my favorite pair of shoes in high school. As you know about my Throwback Thursday posts, they typically feature items from my Batman collection which are very worn to the point where they're no longer photogenic. It's also a good opportunity to just get nostalgic.

Featured in this post, these are a pair of black, white, yellow, and teal slip-ons (very similar to Vans Slip-on's) with a Batman design reminiscent of comic panels with boxy images and fun, loud text. The first 3 photos are maybe from as early 2005 when I first received them and they were brand new. The last 2 photos are from around 2012, maybe around when I last wore them. Give or take a couple years on these time frames. Apologies for my poor-er photography skills back then!

I've never been to Japan, but Mickey found out about these shoes online and requested them from his friend who was visiting Japan at the time. He was able to score a pair for each of us. To this day, I'm still not quite sure how he did it. It seems like such a very specific product to find and buy in Japan, but I guess I shouldn't have doubted Micks since he loved collecting shoes in high school. If I find out more information from him about how/where he got these, I'll share it here!

I loved these so much I wore them all the time... as you can tell by the wear and tear seen in the 2nd set of bad photos.

These are still floating around somewhere in my old room at my parents' house. I don't think I'd ever toss them just because they're so unique. Know of anywhere I can buy something similar? I'd probably buy another pair!



No comments:

Post a Comment