Sunday, May 8, 2016

Hot Topic Haul - April 2016

Guyssss, I'm sorry. I lied. I told you I'd be back no more than 2 weeks from my previous post... but I told y'all in my first post that I did not make any promises regarding regularity! :)

In my defense, if you'll hear me out, I've been working on Mickey's 30th birthday party. He knows about the party, but he doesn't know about the theme which I'm super excited about. I love themed parties, but it's always so much work that I've never actually thrown a proper one so I figured his 30th birthday is as good a time as ever to put in some effort. I've been making a ton of the decorations myself by hand so been putting a lot of my free time into it. I'm hoping to share some of it with you when I get the chance after his party this coming Saturday. And I hope he loves it!

On to the post, it's only been about 2 months since my last Hot Topic haul, but here I am with another one. With my last purchase, they gave me $30 in Hot Topic cash, but of course you have to spend at least $60 so I ended up spending quite a bit anyway. The savings are so relative. Blergh.

My new haul came in a while ago (read: last month), but I've kept it all tucked away hoping to make time for this post. I also had Mickey help me with pictures this time so you could actually get pictures of clothes being worn and not just awkwardly strewn across a blanket.

First, I bought this super dope Batman scarf. It features the main female baddies of Batman: The Animated Series, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, and Harley Quinn (plus the Joker by Harley Quinn association). Mickey said I should definitely get it when he saw me looking at it in my browser. I mean he said "definitely" so how could you argue with that? Enabler.

Close up
Full print view
I also own this Batman scarf, which I bought a while ago likely from Hot Topic, too. You would think black and yellow would be easy to match with my daily outfits, but I don't wear it nearly enough. Also, Austin weather is really weird and I don't even know what scarf weather is anymore. In general, it's getting warm in these parts so hopefully will be better about wearing these scarves all the time come "winter" or whatever they call that season out here.

Close up of print
Since I "HAD" to buy the Batman: TAS scarf, that means I "needed" MORE stuff to hit the $60 spend threshold to use my Hot Topic cash. Obviously.

I ended up adding socks, stockings, and a t-shirt for Mickey again.

The Vincent Van Gogh Starry Night parody Batman t-shirt was back in stock this time so we swooped that up with the quickness for Micks. It's actually super soft, great quality, and we love the print. I think it looks even better in person than on the website. This is a great buy for comic book fans who are also fans of more classic art/paintings.


I also purchased more Batman socks because some of mine seem to be wearing down or the elasticity died (yet I refuse to throw them out). I must have close to 40 pairs of Batman socks by now if you count stockings, knee high socks, thigh high socks, ankle socks, athletic socks, etc. Most of my socks are similar in style to these new ones I purchased. They're actually really comfortable and work with a lot of shoes I wear so I've yet to stop buying them... as you can see. I'm sure regular ol' white socks would be cheaper, but, pft, c'mon, let's be real.


Final piece of the haul are these amaaaaaaaaaziiiiing stockings/tights. I came across them several times while on my many visits to HotTopic.com, but finally pulled the trigger.... because I had to meet that spend threshold. Pretty sure that's a legit reason for buying something.

Close up
I also own these stockings/tights (from Hot Topic). They were shown in a picture at the beginning of this post. I like this pair better, but hey, who's a Batman fan to complain about having 2 pairs of sweet Batman stockings?

Way cooler than just the logos right?
Let's hope I don't do anymore Hot Topic shopping for quite some time, but since the damage was already done in this case, hope you loved this haul as much as I did. Don't be like me. Spend your money wisely. Hah.

In other nerdy news, yesterday, Mickey and I walked away with 10 free comics each from Austin Books & Comics for Free Comic Book Day! Need to hunker down and read them all now. Hope you had a chance to hit up your favorite local comic book store, too! We bought quite a few things on Free Comic Book Day so may need to make time to share some of those goods...

I think I need to stop shopping for Batman stuff. Maybe.

Until next time!.... which I hope is soon.

---

Batman Vincent Van Gogh The Starry Night parody t-shirt: Hot Topic
Batman logo stockings/tights: Hot Topic
Batman cowl stockings/tights: Hot Topic
Batman socks: Similar on Hot Topic (These always come in various mixed designs and are constantly rotating on Hot Topic so keep your eyes open if you're interested in these)
Batman: The Animated Series scarf: Hot Topic
Batman logo scarf: Similar on Pop Cult Amsterdam

No comments:

Post a Comment