Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Legion of Collectors Debut Box

I'm not a big fan of subscription boxes mostly because there are very few things, if anything at all, that I'd be interested in receiving on a monthly basis. These subscription services are getting out of hand. You can seriously subscribe to anything nowadays including cheese, wine, meals, shoes, clothes, toys, etc.

With that in mind, I totally got suckered into buying the debut box from Legion of Collectors thanks to the Armored Batman from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Funko Pop that was guaranteed to be included.

It's just so cute! Look at it.

These subscription boxes are all DC Comics themed with new goodies every other month. They're currently going for $25 per box. They have a Marvel equivalent over at Collector Corps if that's more your speed. Legion of Collectors and Collector Corps are both powered by Funko Pop so if you're a big DC or Marvel Funko Pop collector, these might be right up your alley due to the exclusive nature of the Pops that come in these boxes.

Since this was my first ever subscription box, I decided to do an unboxing video. Check it out below. Before you ask, I thought about having a glass of whiskey with me for this first YouTube video, but it was Sunday evening when I recorded it and I wanted to be "responsible"... or something... since I had work on Monday. I think for any future videos, I'll make it a point to have a glass of whiskey with me just to keep my videos truly in line with the Batman and Whiskey theme. ;)


This box was Batman v Superman themed. Here's all that was included:

Legion of Collectors Wonder Woman patch and Legion of Collectors Superman pin


Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Dorbz figures, Henry Cavill's Superman and Jason Mamoa's Aquaman (meow)


Vintage design Batman vs. Superman t-shirt. It's a size small, but it's a men's t-shirt so still really big.


Legion of Collectors Batman Superman comic


Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Armored Batman Funko Pop!!!

These things are so friggin' cute.

I actually didn't care too much about anything other than the Funko Pop in this box since I'm almost strictly a Batman collector. I've since unsubscribed from Legion of Collectors. It's nice to know that their subscription only sends something every OTHER month in case that helps you decide whether or not it's for you. It was also extremely easy to cancel the subscription, no hassle whatsoever. If you're a fan of DC Comics in general and a fan of subscription boxes, this could be for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment