Monday, March 14, 2016

First 1,000 Instagram likes! + Suicide Squad at SXSW 2016

I know I said I was going to be off the grid because of SXSW, but this was too exciting for me not to post! One of my recent Instagram posts went viral and received over 1,000 likes! That's never happened to me before. I'm up to almost 250 followers on Instagram now after a little under 2 months. I'm hoping this means my blog and all of its associated social pages are going in the right direction.



The Instagram photo in question (above) is from "Harley's Tattoo Parlor." The people behind the marketing for Suicide Squad branded a whole tattoo shop on Dirty 6th in Austin, TX for SXSW Interactive and gave away free real and temporary tattoos. They had a limited number of real tattoos per day, but designs for both real and temp tats were incredible. They had their own Suicide Squad running around Austin, TX dressed in bright green t-shirts, each  showcasing a different character's head. They gave away giant lollipops that were also emblazoned with each character's head and directed fans to the tattoo shop at 513 E. 6th St. where a bunch of lovely ladies dressed as Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn were waiting to get everybody tatted up. If you're in the area, their last day is today. They're probably all booked up for real tattoos, but they'll be open until midnight tonight so run on over for your last chance at the awesome temporary tattoos if you can!

Apologies for the bad quality of these pictures. I didn't anticipate sharing all of these so didn't bother taking any good ones, but since I ended up detailing the whole branded experience I figured I'd show you what some of it looks like.

Some of the Suicide Squad lollipops among other SXSW swag

Here are some pictures of the outside of the branded tattoo palor on Sixth Street.


Apologies for the bad lighting!
Here's the Harley Quinn image that got washed out in the last picture
Outdoor signage

Here's what some of the inside looked like. You can see what some of the other tattoo designs looked like on the wall. Of course I went with the Joker and Harley Quinn. There was also a giant Harley Quinn decal on the floor (in the same design as the tattoo art) that I forgot to take a picture of, but hopefully you can imagine that that looks like based on my temporary tattoo.


Designs on the wall and girls dressed as Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn from Suicide Squad
More designs on this wall!
This turned into a longer blog post than I anticipated, but really just wanted to share how excited I was for my first ever Instagram photo to go somewhat viral. Thanks for your support in reading my blog! If you're not already, feel free to follow me on my social pages, too. My Batman collection will always be posted here on the blog, but I like to post some different Batman thoughts and images on other relevant social platforms as well.

Batman & Whiskey Instagram
Batman & Whiskey Facebook
Batman & Whiskey Twitter




No comments:

Post a Comment