Monday, March 14, 2022

Warner Media House at SXSW 2022

Like many things, SXSW is back for the first time since 2019. Since leaving my digital media agency life where I got a LOT of SXSW perks, I have generally avoided SXSW as much as possible because it's intensely crowded ad overwhelming and exhausting. There are always some really fun, free things to do, but without shelling out the money for wristbands or badges, the lines are typically not worth it. I've been happy to stay in and relax and was fully ready to do that this year until I heard that Robert Pattinson's Batmobile was in town at the Warner Media House. I'm a sucker. If anything's going to get me to brave the downtown crowds during SXSW, it's Batman.

For those who weren't able to attend this activation from March 11-13, check out the photos from the experience below!

The displays were free and open to the public. For guests without wristbands and badges, you could enter just to see the props on display from a side entrance. When you initially enter, you head toward the back of the room to grab some free swag which included a Funko Pop from The Batman, The Batman Batmobile LEGO Technic set, some comic books, and also some Hro hybrid NFT trading cards. They had team members explaining the NFT trading cards. It was... interesting. Not really my speed, but might be of interest for others if you'd like to check them out below! Depending on when you entered the event, you may have received a different Funko Pop. My husband and I each received Battinson, but I ran into a coworker who received Kravitz's Catwoman Funko Pop. We were able to trade so we had one of each.








They had a giant The Batman Funko Pop box photo op as well as a ton of The Batman collaboration items from brands like Puma and Carhartt on display. My favorite display items were the Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, and Batman costumes. They were also promoting Peacemaker.










After you took photos to your heart's content inside the building, you could walk around the building and into an alleyway where they had the Batmobile available for photo ops. I was very excited to the see it in person right in Austin!






If SDCC happens as planned this year, I anticipate a lot of this will be available for fans to view then as well, but really glad we got to experience it at SXSW first. What was your favorite of all the things at Warner Media House I shared above? SXSW goes through March 20 this year. Are you attending and what else are you looking forward to this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment