Friday, July 24, 2020

Mondo Gallery: Batman 80th Anniversary Exhibit (May 2019)


2019 was so amazing in retrospect. I guess everything looks great compared to 2020, but 2019 was especially great because of all the travel I got to experience. Also, it was Batman's 80th Anniversary so I got to experience ALL of the Batman things like the Mondo exhibit for Batman's 80th Anniversary.

I'm sorry I'm sharing this content SO LATE, but I knew I'd get around to it eventually. It only took a pandemic. Hah... geeze, I can't wait for all of this to be over.

Anyway, check out pictures below of the artwork that was on display . This was in May 2019 (I know, I know). I actually enjoyed the Batman75th Anniversary Mondo exhibit better. I didn't make any purchases at their 80th Anniversary exhibit, but it was still 100% worth the trip. I was REALLY close to purchasing the artwork for A Death In the Family because it's such an iconic moment in comic book history. I was being judicious, though, because I still have so many pieces of art (including several from Mondo) that I've yet to frame and display. What is art if not to show off, right? Also a note, I visited on the last day of the exhibit so it was pretty quiet and some of the pieces were actually already sold out.

Browse below and let me know what your favorites are!

Speaking of Mondo, did you guys catch any of their Comic-Con/SDCC2020 releases? I grabbed a copy of the Batman: The Animated Series 8XLP Box Set - Volume 2. I can't wait to share it with you once I have it in my hands come October. 















No comments:

Post a Comment