Sunday, July 8, 2018

Austin Books & Comics Haul July 2018

I'm so behind the game, but I finally bought my issues of Batman #50! I dropped by Austin Books & Comics yesterday to get caught up. I grabbed Batman #50 and also managed to snag Jim Lee's variant cover. It was cute to see that ABC still had the display table out from their Tuesday night release party complete with the cake and guest book.



I haven't been keeping up with Tom King's run on Batman, but this just seemed like an important issue to purchase if for nothing other than the art! I love seeing everyone's take on Batman and Catwoman. I know there's a lot of disappointment from fans in the direction King took the story, but I'm not personally invested in any major decisions made in Batman's history until it's been around for a while (e.g. Damian Wayne). I'm not shocked one way or the other. Batman and Catwoman are still my one true pairing no matter what happens. Let me know what you thought!

While at ABC, I also grabbed Dustin Nguyen's last Super Sons variant cover, #16. I love it and glad I was able to find it! I'm bummed that I didn't start collecting variants until more than midway through Super Sons. We also found an issue of Descender #27 with a Dustin Nguyen cover that we didn't own yet! Got to support our favorite artists so we snagged that even though we already have another copy.


Overall, not a bad haul! I'm very happy with what we bought.

No comments:

Post a Comment