Thursday, November 16, 2017

Throwback Thursday: National Fast Food Day / Taco Bell x DC Comics

Happy National Fast Food Day, y'all!

I thought, on this particular day, it would be appropriate to share some throwback pictures I dug up of the kids' meal and "toy" that Taco Bell was giving out for DC Comics' 75th Anniversary back in, I believe, 2010.

First things first, though, I want to get this out there right now, my top fast food chains are:
  • Jack in the Box
  • Taco Bell
  • Wendy's
As of right now, Jack in the Box is #1, but Taco Bell and Wendy's have both held that spot for me over the years depending on what phase I'm going through. Jack in the Box has been more readily available for me lately so I'm currently all about their sausage croissant sandwich, onion rings, and even their egg rolls. Hah! I'm an Asian girl who likes Jack in the Box egg rolls. No shame. I also need to add that this list doesn't include In-n-Out. As an admittedly biased Bay Area girl, I consider In-n-Out a step above your usual fast food chains. It's just more fresh! It's alsooo probably fair to note that even after living in Austin, TX for over 4 years, Whataburger hasn't quite made the list for me. I like the food, but it's not an absolute favorite or go-to like it is for a lot of (probably more senior?) Texans. If you don't know what Whataburger is, give it a chance when you're in Texas and let me know what you think!

Now that I've gotten the whole fast food part of this blog post off my chest, I can get to the DC Comics/Batman part. With their kids' meals, Taco Bell offered either Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, or Superman goodies. I ordered a kids' meal (even though I was 22) and specifically asked for the Batman version of the "toy." It came with a mini comic that I believe also folded out to a 3-D poster complete with 3-D glasses and a DIY Batman pop-up stand-up cardboard poster.

These first couple of photos show how it was packaged. I can't imagine this flat "toy" package being very exciting or impressive for younger children.



The unpackaged photo below has everything laid out. You can see the 36x24(-ish?) 3-D poster, corresponding 3-D glasses, and the unconstructed DIY pop-up cardboard image I mentioned.


Here's what the pop-up cardboard poster looked like after it was put together! It was a little bit smaller than a standard letter size. I wish I took photos of different angles of this so you can see the various layers. If you compare this to the last photo, you can see all the different parts that came together to make this what it is.


Overall, a bunch of paper items you can easily toss, but it was some quick fun for a Batman nerd like me. I'm also almost 100% positive I kept all of these items somewhere because, as mentioned in previous posts, I'm a hoarder... especially when it comes to my Batman stuff.

Hope you enjoyed the very random Batman goodies on this fine National Fast Food Day! I would celebrate today by grabbing some Jack in the Box, but I'm currently doing this fit challenge at my boot camp and I should really be better in general about what I'm eating. I haven't been trying very hard when it comes to my nutrition. Oops! There's always room for improvement as they say, right?

That's not to say you can't use today as a reason to go hit up YOUR favorite fast food place! Hah. Am I a bad influence? ðŸ¤”😬

No comments:

Post a Comment