Saturday, July 15, 2017

Legion of Collectors Batman: The Animated Series Box



IT'S HEEEEERE! This is my 3rd ever Legion of Collectors subscription box. You know I only ever opt-in when I know it's a Batman-themed box and they finally dropped a Batman: The Animated Series box! This version of Batman is my favorite ever so I couldn't say 'no.'

In case anybody is interested in nerdy DC Comics stuff and likes subscription boxes, Legion of Collectors, like many subscription box services, announces the theme of their boxes beforehand and you can easily buy one box and then opt out immediately so you only have to commit to something you know you'll like. In case you're interested, they've announced that the theme of next month's box is DC Villains. Unfortunately, it's not just focused on Batman villains like the previous box I purchased so I opted out, but it should still be a good one for any DC fan!

As for this BTAS box, it did not disappoint. I am happy with every. single. item. Granted, I'm such a huge BTAS fan that it would be hard to disappoint me in this case.

When you first open the box, you see a Joker patch and Catwoman pin. I'm not much of a patch or pin user so these are always just bonus items for me. I'm absolutely in love with Catwoman from this series, though, so I'm glad to see she was included in this box in some form.


As you open the box further, we see the little Funko Pop comic book that's custom created for each themed Legion of Collectors subscription. They also started including info cards that have some concept art or other details about the items in the box.


Unlike my previous box, this box also came with a shirt! When you subscribe, they ask you for a shirt size in case the box comes with a shirt. My 1st Legion of Collectors box (Batman v. Superman) did come with one but my 2nd box (Batman villains) came with a snapback cap instead. My first shirt was pretty big even for a small (I love to sleep in it) so I opted for an x-small this time. It's still not the most flattering size and cut for a small female, but I love the BTAS-inspired Funko Pop design on this shirt so much that I might cut it into something more flattering to wear on a regular basis. We'll see. Every time I take scissors to a shirt, ugly things happen. I'm just not very talented in the fashion department. Hah.


On to the toys, this box included a Dorbz. In fact, it's the first Dorbz Ridez to ever be included in a Legion of Collectors box. The collectible features Batman riding the iconic '90s animated Batmobile. I'm not much of Dorbz fan or collector, but I don't mind having this little guy as part of my overall Batman collection. I love this Batmobile so much. It's like a chubby scaled version of the original. 😂You can see my excitement in the video when I realize that the Dorbz actually comes out of the car. 😊


Finally, as I often like to mention, the real reason why I purchase these Legion of Collectors subscription boxes is for the exclusive Funko Pop. With the recent release of the Batman: The Animated Series Funko Pop series, we all knew this one was going to be a good one. It's the BTAS Mr. Freeze Funko Pop! I've been requesting this one on the Funko Facebook page for a while as many other fans have been and it seems our comments did not fall on deaf ears. My favorite part is Mr. Freeze's clear helmet, part of his gear that helps keep his body temperature below freezing. The helmet makes him pretty unique from the other Pops I own... and also super adorable.


I'm so glad I purchased this box. Personally, I don't know if they can ever top this box theme, but I'll just have to wait to see what other Batman themes they announce. I even loved the print on the inside of the box! I haven't recycled the box yet in case I come up with an idea for how to repurpose the pattern. Any ideas?


If you purchased this box, that did y'all think? If you're a DC Comics fan, what's a themed box that you would absolutely have to purchase if Legion of Collectors released it? Was this the one like it was for me? Or are you holding out for something else? 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment